The Price Is Right
Spot The Differences April Fool’s Quiz
Sponsor: The Price Is Right Productions, Inc. (“Sponsor”), 7800 Beverly Blvd., Los Angeles California
The Program (as defined below) is open only to permanent and lawful residents of the United States, including Washington, D.C., who are 18 years or older (or age of majority in their home state) at the time of entry. The following individuals are NOT eligible to enter:
Employees, officers, directors and agents of CBS Corporation, CBS Broadcasting Inc., The Price Is Right Productions, Inc., Fremantle Goodson, Inc., or FremantleMedia North America, Inc. (and any parent, subsidiary, or affiliate of any of the foregoing), and local and national sponsors of THE PRICE IS RIGHT and/or of any of their respective licensees, assigns, partners, parents, subsidiary, or affiliated companies and their immediate family (spouse, mother, father, sister, brother, daughter or son, regardless of where they live) or members of their same households (whether related or not); and
The Program is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
- Acceptance of Terms and Conditions: By participating in the quiz in connection with the episode (the “Episode”) of The Price Is Right game show program (the “Show”) broadcast on the CBS broadcasting network (“CBS”) on Friday, April 1, 2016, you hereby accept and agree to the terms of the Program. This Program is subject to the rules set forth herein, accessible at http://thepriceisright.com/aprilfools2016.
- Entry Period: The entry period begins on Friday, April 1, 2016 at 10:00 AM Eastern Time and ends on Thursday, April 7, 2016 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time (the “Entry Period”).
- Program (“Program”) Description/How to Participate in Program: During the Entry Period, viewers will be asked to view the Episode at their sole discretion. To participate in the quiz, viewers will write down all of the things which they see in the Episode which are different from a normal episode of the Show, and email that list of the differences they spotted to firstname.lastname@example.org during the Entry Period. Participants will be scored by the number of correct answers, as determined by the official list of changes Producer has made, which list shall be at Producer’s sole discretion at all times. The participant with the greatest number of correct answers will win. In the event that more than one participant is tied for the greatest number of correct answers, then the participants with the greatest number of correct answers will be entered into a drawing, from which a winner will be chosen at random on April 8th, 2016. Determination of the correctness of any answer will be at the sole discretion of Sponsor in all instances. The winner will be notified by email on or about April 11th, 2016. The winner will have 72 hours following such notification in which to respond. In the event the winner does not respond within such 72 hour period, a new winner will be chosen via random drawing from the remaining pool of participants with the most correct answers. In the event that no winner responds after ten (10) such drawings following the process outlined above, no prize will be awarded. A video containing the correct answers will be posted to www.cbs.com/shows/the_price_is_right/ on or about April 8, 2016.
- Prize / Approximate Retail Value / Prize Restrictions:
- Prize – A trip for two (2) to Costa Rica consisting of roundtrip airfare for two (2) from Los Angeles, California to San Jose, Costa Rica and a nine (9) day Costa Rica Natural Paradise Tour for two (2) including all hotels, meals, and activities. ARV of prize is $3,788.00.Prize Restrictions: All expenses and costs related to acceptance and use of the prize trip not expressly listed above, including but not limited to, meals, beverages, taxes and gratuities, are entirely the winner’s responsibility. The winner and guest must travel on the dates specified by Sponsor and must travel on the same itinerary. Trip guest must be 18 years of age or older at time of travel and will be required to complete and sign a Liability Release and where permitted by law, a Publicity Release prior to issuance of travel documents. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. If winner is unable or unwilling to travel on the dates specified, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate. All tickets are non-transferable and cannot be sold to or used by any person(s) other than the winner and the winner’s designated guest. All activities are subject to change and availability. If winner chooses to not take travel companions, then the travel companion element will be forfeited and the remaining elements shall constitute full satisfaction of the prize.
Prizes may not be transferred or assigned. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute the prize in whole or in part with another prize of comparable or greater value if the intended prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. Winners will be responsible for all applicable taxes (not limited to federal, state, local and/or income) on prize and will be required to provide his/her Social Security number or tax ID# for tax reporting purposes. Sponsor will file where required an IRS Form 1099 with the Internal Revenue Service for the fair market value of prize.
- Wireless Participation: If you participate in the Program via wireless service (i.e. smart phone, tablet or wireless device that allows you access to the internet and/or email) during the Entry Period; you may be charged data rates according to the terms and conditions of your Service Agreement with your wireless carrier. Each wireless carrier’s rate plan may vary, and participants should contact their wireless carrier for information on rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Program. Mobile service is offered on an ‘as is’ basis, may not be available in all areas at all times, and may not continue to work in the event of product, software, coverage or other service changes made by your wireless carrier. Your wireless service carrier may change or discontinue your service, may charge you additional charges at any time by giving you prior notice, and may provide that by disagreeing to charges it may discontinue the service.
- Disclaimers: CBS, Sponsor, and their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, employees, agents, directors, officers, shareholders, licensees, assigns and persons (collectively, the “Administrators”) are not responsible for and shall not be liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of lost, incomplete, late, damaged, misdirected or incomplete entries, emails, or online communications (including without limitation any email or other communications which are filtered by any system as “spam” or similar categorization; difficulties, failures or malfunctions of phones (including wireless phones/handsets), phone lines or telephone or data systems or other communications malfunctions; malfunctions of internet service providers, email programs, cellular equipment towers, telephone systems or wireless services; interrupted or unavailable networks or servers; miscommunications, failed computer hardware or software or other technical failures; garbled, lost, misrouted or scrambled transmissions; any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in any transmission or communication; traffic congestion or for any technical problem which may cause the Program to be disrupted or corrupted; errors in receipt or tabulation of correct answers via the Program. Administrators are not responsible for any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind to person, including death, and/or property arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Program or any part or process thereof.
- Discretion of Sponsor: If for any reason the Program is not capable of being executed as planned, or if there is an infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failures, or if any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Program, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to withdraw the transmission of any entry. Furthermore, the Sponsor may permanently disqualify from any promotion any person it believes has intentionally violated these rules, and to terminate or suspend Program at any point and declare the entry results based on the entries received up to that point, if it appears that the entry process has been so distorted by hacking or other interference that the results would not reflect actual valid entries should the entries continue. In the event of technical difficulties with the Program, Sponsor reserves the right to review the entries for accuracy and to take any appropriate action, including, without limitation, voiding the entries submitted during the Entry Period in which such technical difficulties occurred. Administrators and their respective agents, officers, directors, employees, subsidiaries and affiliates assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to participants or to any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with this Program. Sponsor is not responsible for telecommunications, network, electronic, technical or computer failures of any kind, for inaccurate transcription of participants answers and/or information, errors in any promotional or marketing materials, for any human or electronic error, or for entries that are stolen, misdirected, garbled, delayed by computer transmissions, lost, or late.
- Name and Likeness: Except where prohibited by law, by entering the Program, as a condition of participating in this Program, entrant agrees to allow Sponsor and its designees to use entrant’s name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice and city and state address for advertising and promotional purposes for this and similar promotions, worldwide, and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter devised without additional compensation, review or approval rights, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: Except where prohibited by law, by participating in the Program, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless FremantleMedia North America, Inc., Sponsor, the Administrators, and their respective related companies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective agents and agencies, and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Program. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Program and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- Disputes / Dispute Resolution / Governing Law: Entrants agree that (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Program or prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Central District of California, located in Los Angeles, CA; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Program but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to claim and/or obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby expressly waives all rights to punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, Entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Program, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than State of California.
- Terms Subject to Change/Violation: These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Notification regarding any such change will be posted on the Website. Caution: Any attempt by an individual to deliberately damage any online service or website, tamper with the entry process, or otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of the Program is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Administrators reserve the right to seek damages and/or other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Conditions for Participating: Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify, block or remove any Entry from any individual who participates by any electronic, mechanical or automated means, or otherwise tampers with the Program, or for any other reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Administrators are not responsible for any damages to participants’ device(s) that may occur from use of service. Administrators reserve the right, for any reason and in their sole discretion, to modify, suspend or discontinue the Program without prior notice.